Thursday, April 17, 2008

Breakfast of champions...

This started my day off with a good laugh! A few mornings ago Emily woke up to eat and instead of going back to bed after feeding her I decided to go to the store to grab some Milk for breakfast. When I left, Jason and David were both still sleeping. When I returned I walked in the house and noticed David's door was open and his blankie was on the floor right outside the door... ...not a good sign. If he had woken up and gone into our bedroom to climb into bed with Jason he would have definitely taken his blanket, so seeing this only suggested he was somewhere in the house getting into trouble. I cringed at the thought as I entered the office (the whole shredding of our credit cards scenario flooding my mind). As I walked into the office I was surprised to not see him anywhere. I suddenly heard giggling and turned my head in the direction of the desk. There he was! Big as you please, eating raw, cold Hot Dogs!



YES! That is in fact FORMULA!!! A brand new can, no less! Oh, that little stinker! I don't know what his fascination is with powdery substances. Flour...Baby Powder...now Formula? Our friends Jen and Eric came over last weekend so Eric and Jason could go to Priesthood together. Jen and I hung out while their little girl Megan played with David. Of course, we left them to play without supervision for a whole 3 minutes and came out in the kitchen to find this! David has corrupted yet another little innocent child! Watch out Jen-Megan knows the ropes now. You're in for it! David was happy as a clam driving his truck through "the snow" and Megan was content just playing with the empty can!




I was getting ready for the day in my bathroom when David wandered into my closet. I knew he was in there so I hurried to finish my hair so I could go see what he was into. He had found my bucket of pictures and was so interested in every one of them. He had spread them all out on the floor in front of him and was talking to himself, announcing who (if he knew) was in the picture and what they were doing. I stood back and watched him for a minute. It was so cute! He would say "That's my Mommy. That's my Daddy." Once he realized I was there I was bombarded with "Who's him, Mommy?" and "What's him doing?" The picture bucket has become his new favorite pass time.





10 comments:

Murray Family said...

Those pictures are so funny! He's very mischevious :). I can't believe the cold hot dogs for breakfast! Haha! Where do they come up with this stuff??

hknight said...

He is one busy little dude! iT SOUNDS LIKE HE DEFFINITLY KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES! At least he's cute,that sometimes helpssoften the blows!

Mel said...

Hot dogs for breakfast...YUMMY!!! Cooper went down stairs a few weeks ago to get some food. He came up with a bag of chips. Yes, that is what he ate for breakfast.

Holly said...

Does he not know that he spilled powdered MONEY all over??? Gotta love 'em. :)

Travis & Liz said...

I actually remember eating raw hot dogs when I was little too. My brother told me that it would cause me to get worms. So I always had this picture of little worms in my stomache. It all just came back as I saw those pictures. Hot dogs just aren't the same. Haven't had one since!! So if you don't want him to do that any more, you know what to do!

Lynn said...

Is there room for me under that desk too... or would David even share?

I'm just asking.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Yeah!!! A new post!!!

That little boy is such a funny kid!!! I am pretty sure I would have been a bit angry about the formula thing...it's not cheap!! But you are such a good mom, I bet you just laughed and laughed and never raised your voice. Right?! Hee hee :) Watch out. Soon he'll be showing Emily how to do stuff so mommy will take a picture!!!

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgan Family said...

I love the pics! Kids will be kids. :) They get into everything they are not supposed to. I love the hot dog story. That was great. Thanks for sharing!

Alison said...

Cold hot dogs?! Who hasn't tried it?!?!! I used to prefer them that way, actually. But hey! When I was a little girl I also LOVED to eat plain butter. I can't believe I still have a heartbeat! Fun new post Lindy, David always cracks me up.