Sunday, May 25, 2008

Finally! Some pictures...

One of David's MOST FAVORITE things to do is make Chocolate Chip Cookies. Seriously. We make them probably twice a week (he begs me everyday). Ya, not exactly helpful with the losing of baby weight. He loves it though, so I love to do it with him. He barely ever wants to eat the finished product but boy does he love the dough.


Emily's first experience having big girl food, Rice Cereal. She's not really sure what she thinks.
She decided she was a fan. Here, she's got her lips tight together so she can force air out of them making a funny noise. It's a new thing she does when she's happy lately. She kept doing it, spraying goopy Rice Cereal all over the place!

Well, after a day of rice cereal we figured she was ready to move on to bigger and better things. Nothing like a good Hotdog! (like brother, like sister?) Oh, don't worry! It's just pretend!

This picture is so funny to me! She just looks like a miniature lady! She's getting so good at sitting up.


One day last week I had a client coming at 5:00. At 4 I decided to bathe the kids and get them in their jammies since I would be occupied with my client until well into the evening. I figured this way they would be all ready and would still be able to be put to bed on time. Well, I guess they rely on their bedtime routine more than I thought cause this is what happened at 4:45.


Naked Emily! I left Jason to watch the kids while I collected on my Mother's Day massage. This is how she was when I got home. She had had a blow out and I guess Jason couldn't find any clean clothes?? Dads are so funny! I do have to say though, that I just love her little rolls!


My friend Lisa let me borrow her baby walker for Emily. Emily never really got a chance to try it out though, because a certain little guy was completely intrigued with it. That is, until he got stuck in it! I had to give it back to Lisa!



Tidbits from David's World...

Today David escaped outside AGAIN (it's been a real problem lately) and Jason caught him. We put him in the naughty chair (like the 20th time for the same offense) and I started to explain, yet again, why he couldn't go outside alone. I said " David you can't go outside without Mommy or Daddy, it's dangerous. You could get hurt, or you could get lost and Mommy and Daddy would be SO sad." Jason said " Ya David, someone could steel you." I said "Jason I don't think he knows what that means." So Jason elaborated by saying "You would have to live with someone else. Would you want to live with someone else??" As we're having this intense teaching moment, we expect him to reply with a quick and sad, yet somewhat frightened "NO!" But what do we get? ... ... A quick and blatant "YES!" We had a good laugh!!


David has been going around all day acting as the noise police. Every time I've done anything that makes a sound: using the mixer, starting the washing machine, or even loading dishes into the dishwasher he comes running to me saying "Mom, stop that right now! Emily is sleeping!" (whether she is or not) I would like to believe that he's being a concerned big brother but really I just think he's heard it so many times that he thinks we aren't aloud to make ANY noise!


Alot of times when I take David out for walks I run into neighbors and friends and I'll stop to chat for a minute. Well, I guess a few times I've pushed David past his patience limit while waiting for me to continue our walk because the last few times we've been on a walk and we're approaching ANYONE, even if it's a service man, David says "No talking Mommy!" Oh brother! He is a character!


Warning: Potty talk ahead

Yesterday I was changing Emily's dirty diaper and David was sitting right there. In the middle of the change I said "Wow! Stinky, Ems!" David piped up in reply "Ya, makes me want to throw up!!" I laughed for about 5 minutes! It still cracks me up just thinking about it!

This afternoon I was changing David's dirty diaper and I noticed a rash on the inside of his upper thigh. After cleaning him up, but before fastening his new diaper, I moved my head in closer to get a better look and make sure it wasn't anything threatening and he said "No, Mommy! Don't see my poop!" Besides the fact that it was already cleaned up- does he think I usually wear a blind fold when I change him? It's a little late for modesty!

10 comments:

Murray Family said...

Those are great stories and pictures! I can't believe they fell asleep so early! Haha, silly kids :). Emily is getting so big!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

He is such a character!! It's a good thing you document all the funny things he says. You know he will love it when he's older! I cant believe how big Emily is getting!! It makes me sad that I can't hold her!!!

Jaci Moore said...

Emily is so cute! Your stories are funny. I laughed when Jason couldn't find clothes. Matt does that kind of stuff all the time. He'll change ONE diaper and act like putting the pants back on is just asking too much!

Holly said...

I can't get over Emily's dimples. Could she be any cuter??? I wish mine would sleep after bath, no matter the time. You really could use that to your advantage, you know. And David is a man of my heart--chocolate chip cookies...

Alison said...

Your posts are some of my very favorite! You with your wording of the stories and David with supplying the drama. Its so cute, I love his personality. And Emily gets cuter by the day!!

The Jorgensen's said...

Your kids are too cute! Yeah, so we're back and Megan was sick all weekend. We need to catch up and take your family pictures!

Sally Barrington said...

What a great post! I love all the pics. Em does look like a little lady! I love it when kids make fun noises with thier lips, even more when thier mouths are full!!! Giggle. What characters!!!!! Never a dull moment!

Palmers said...

Great pictures, great stories. Emily is a doll.

We have a solution for escapees, (one busy morning a man stopped his car off of 1300 W to rescue a little boy in jammies out on the side walk alone and brough him home. Talk about scared out of my mind, and so very thankful we had said prayers that day) it's a little lock you put on the door. Very inconspicious, hardly noticable, but has given me tons of peace knowing my kids can't break out. I got it at home depot. Come over and see ours if you want to see how it works.

maineconvert said...

Well I finally figured why my comments never show up...I don't go far enough to get my own information in there and to get the confirmation. We'll see if this one works. Have you tried liannecardon.blogspot.com
yet?

maineconvert said...

I guess it worked...anyway...I think the book idea is great..what a way to go! Hope you can do that with your blog because it is a riot...Lianne's would be good for memory sake for the girls. It might as well be done only once and done well, and then printed at end of year...that's my vision!