Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The 'no news' news!

David has even taken a vacation from trouble (what?) so I can't turn to him for a supply of entertainment! I do have to say though, that I'm loving the warmer weather and it has been so nice to spend more time outside with the kids.
In other news- Emily is now the queen of rolling over! Well, all most. She's pretty close anyway. It's more like a flip than a roll, but I'm still a proud mommy none the less. She's also having great fun with her feet these days. She tries persistently to get them in her mouth but her short little legs just won't reach.
As far as David is concerned, we've had NO success with the potty yet. He just isn't interested. I'm pretty sure he just thinks we're crazy to suggest he stop what he's doing to run into the bathroom when he could just enjoy the luxury (if you can call it that) and convenience of going right where he is. Maybe some new Spiderman underoos will do the trick?!
I'm very excited to report that Jason now has ONLY 2 more semesters to go until...GRADUATION?? Serious? I didn't think it would ever be close! THE END IS NEAR!!!
As for me- just the usual for the most part. Lately I've been trying to rekindle some good habits that have fallen by the wayside and do some things for myself as well. It's funny how once you have kids you sort of lose your identity. Well, I definitely have an identity as a mother and I LOVE that, but once I'm not with my kids I actually feel kind of awkward, like I don't know who I am or how to be outside of motherhood anymore. So I'm trying to find that again- just get to know myself again. I'm just trying to read more, spend more time on hobbies, and to consciously take a little time to myself each day where I just think about things that I like, how I feel, what gets me thinking. We'll see how it goes.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm sure David will start in with his silliness again any minute now and that always makes for good "post" material. -Til next time!

10 comments:

Murray Family said...

Yay for graduation being so close! How great! I totally feel the same way as you. Kind of awkward when I'm alone. Like if I go to the store alone, it's just weird. I think that's awesome that you're taking more time to do things you enjoy!

Jaci Moore said...

All right that's what I'm talking about, just some good long paragraph's about what's going on.

I can totally relate to you in not feeling like you know who you are without your kids. I really felt that way after Asher was born. But good for you for doing stuff for yourself. Emily will start getting more and more independent soon and you'll feel I tiny bit more back to normal. I'll call you today about cuts. Yes I cut it myself and probably have a point in the back.

K said...

Hey Lindy,
I totally know how you feel about losing your identity. I had a bit of an identity crisis myself and that is when I started training for my triathlon. It gave me set times that I had to go out by myself and workout. I also started picking one topic a month that I am interested in to learn more about It has been great :)
However, I have been having another identity problem since Rachel started enjoying watching television. We have both ended up watching WAY too much tv *sigh* Oh well :)

hknight said...

Sounds like things in your life have calmed down a little bit! I hope you enjoy the rest!

Lynn said...

Good stuff Lindy.

It's good to hear that you're doing well and that David gives you a break from time to time. Sheri and I love his antics, even if from a safe distance. hehehe

Tell Jason "Hi" from the both of us, and let us know when the graduation is.

Love from the both of us,
Lynbo

The Jorgensen's said...

I have to say that I'm not so excited about Jason being close to graduating, because that means that you guys will probably move and that will make me very sad.

PS (From Eric) Never leave us!

Adams clan! said...

maybe going and getting a massage would fix everything! Hey this is Robin Adams in the ward I know we only talked for a few minutes the other day when I was gardening but thanks for talking. If you would like to get a massage give me a call.

Rick & Carly said...

I got the pedipeds ordered. Amber will get back to me on when they will be in. Don't worry about any shipping and handling. So just write a check out to Amber Swenson for $56.00. Yah, way better than $120.00.

Rick & Carly said...

By the way Emily is so dang cute. I love her smile. You'll have to check out our blog it is www.swenwithen.blogspot.com.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Remember the time when you said nobody tags you? Then remember the time I tagged you forever ago, and i've yet to see you do it?!! That was great :)