Friday, August 8, 2008

Fun on the road...

We just got back from 7 days of vacation in San Diego and Las Vegas. We had an absolute blast and I seriously didn't want to come home, although now that we're here, it is SO NICE to be back! After being away it just feels so good to be in your own house with your own bed and I think the kids feel the same way. Emily slept through the night last night for the first time since the night before we left! We took off last Thursday for Vegas where we stopped and went to dinner and spent the night with Aunt Kristin. Jason's mom caught a ride down with us so she could spend the week with Kristin and man was it nice to have her help in the backseat with the kids! (Thank you Grandma!) On Friday we continued on to San Diego where we got to hang out with our friends Rob and Christy. On Wednesday we left California and headed back to Vegas where we had dinner and spent the night with Aunt Kristin and Uncle Lafe again. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful getting any pics in Vegas but it was really nice getting to spend time with Kristin and Lafe. They spoiled us rotten and even watched the kids for us yesterday so Jason and I could get in some shopping before heading home. Thank you Kristin and Lafe! We love you!


On the way down to Vegas we stopped at Historic Cove Fort near Fillmore, UT.
Fun at the beach in San Diego!


We went to the pool and hot tub at our hotel a few nights while we were there. This was Emily wearing her little Speedo swimsuit for the first time. Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen?! It just doesn't get any better than super chubby legs!

The board walk at Point Loma


On the board walk at Pizza Nova (so yummy!) with Rob, Christy, Hunter, Ethan, and Hannah



David playing in the fountains at Balboa Park

12 comments:

The Carlson Chronicles said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! I could SO use one of those right now :)! Loves!

hknight said...

Looks like a blast, I love San Diego! It's always fun to do the family vacation thing! Good memories to enjoy later!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Yeah what a fun vaca!!! it's so good to get away sometimes!! I can't believe how chubby little Ems is! So cute!!

By the way, quit leaving rude comments on my blog, it makes me feel bad! I did have you on my blog update list, but i think i had to many so it randomly took people off!!! Stop being mean!!!

Shannon & Summer said...

I always say I am going to stop at Cove Fort, but I never do! It is good to see some people do!
I wish I could go on your trip right now! I love San Diego! I hope you got a clam sandwich when you were at Point Loma - they are so yummy! I so want to go to the beach right now...

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Truce! Love you!!!

Deidre said...

I had to laugh out loud at that picture of Emily in her swimsuit! She is so adorable! Is it too early to talk about her marrying one of my boys?

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love the picture of Emily in her bathing suit-babies are so cute with all the rolls (:
Sarah

Stefanie said...

Oh my I LOVE her thighs!!! haha I wish adults were cute when they were big like that, sure would come in handy for me! haha Also I Love love your shirt in these pic's its so cute!!

lramey said...

1. that shirt is Kyli's. I was happy i could go back to wearing her clothes- it's fun to not take clothes up to my parents and just wear hers!

love you, love Jason, love kiddies....(you too know what I mean! :) wanna go get sushi again????)

Alison said...

Chubby little legs in a swimming suit..it does NOT get cuter!!

Please send me an e-mail alisonnickle@gmail.com so I can send you an invitation to my blog. I went private today.

Gossling Family Album said...

Tell Jason to have an open mind and I am sure he will love it. If not he can walk to Rudy's everyday and pig out. We can't wait for ya'll to come.

The Jorgensen's said...

Looks like a fun trip. It gives me hope that our 2 coming up can be successful too!