Friday, August 8, 2008

Tid Bits...

David, David, David. Yup...it happened AGAIN. Two nights in a row, in fact. The second night was the night before we were leaving on vacation so I was running around the house frantically trying to get us all packed. I thought David was being so good, you know- keeping himself so entertained. I went in to check on him expecting him to be playing with his cars and instead I found his cars, every puzzle piece, every book, the contents of his dirty clothes basket, all his shoes, every blanket off his bed, every train, ball, stuffed animal.... ...EVERY SINGLE TOY HE OWNS!!!! In the middle of his floor!!! Boy was I happy! It took over a half hour with David's help (if you can call it that) and the help of a friend who had dropped by (just what she wanted to do- thanks Stef!) to clean it up. Oh, and let me remind you- this was the second night in a row that he did this!!! ARRRR!!! Man, it's a good thing he's so cute!

This is just a random picture of Emily. I love it though, and I look at it wishing she could stay little forever!
One day last month David's little cousin Bostyn (my brother Joe's) came over to play for the day. We had just finished making Chocolate Chip Cookies and they had gorged themselves with dough! They decided they needed some milk but they had to have matching cups and they pulled the chairs into the kitchen side by side. I had to take a picture!
A few weeks ago my parents came out to Utah to visit. They had 3 new little Grand Daughters to meet for the first time. Here they are all together. On the left is my brother Joe's baby, Saylor, then Emily, and on the right is my brother James' baby, Ellie. They are all beautiful!
Emily's cousin Ellie had come over to visit. She was still in her car seat and Emily was in her walker. I came back into the room and saw that Emily had wheeled herself over to Ellie and they were having a cute little conversation of goo's and ga's. It was really cute to watch!

2 comments:

The Carlson Chronicles said...

I SO enjoyed seeing a picture of your parents...they look great! I'm sure they just LOVED meeting their newest grandbabies!!

Deidre said...

I always love David stories. He is a hilarious little monster, isn't he?! I love it, and I feel your pain!