Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend happenings...

Happy 6 month birthday to my baby! I can't believe it! It's so funny (and CRAZY) to me that in 6 short months Emily went from the first picture to the second. Isn't that insane? Her official 6 mo day was on Saturday and I seriously have noticed big changes in her just this weekend. She is so much more interactive- she'll play games now like dancing when you sing. We've discovered that she loves balloons and she thinks they are hilarious! She has now eaten green beans and pears, and my favorite just happened today; I had a client this afternoon who asked to hold her and when she picked her up, Emily turned her upper body and reached her arms out towards me!! She knows who I am!! It melted my heart. I love her more everyday. David has been so cute lately, too. The last few days he loves to go with me to get Emily up from her nap. He runs to her crib side and peeks through the bars and says "Oh! Hi Emily! You woke up!" Like always, Emily returns his smile, breaths super fast and does her little happy hands and feet! It's the cutest thing.



This was Emily after church yesterday. After I pulled off her bow she was left with some pretty crazy hair.

I came into the living room and saw David kissing his dog. I grabbed the camera and got a picture. After I set the camera down David picked up his dog and said "You can get down now, but be nice!" Hmmm...sounds like someones pretty experienced with the naughty chair!

9 comments:

The Carlson Chronicles said...

I am loving your new background (thanks for the link from your blog so I could find mine!!). Your little Emily is just beautiful...such bright eyes!! It cracked me up about David talking to his dog about being nice! HA!

hknight said...

I can't believe that it has been six months already! It is absolutely crazy how fast time flys! She is getting so big! And the chocolate goodness below looks divine!

Lindsay Ruiz said...

she has got the most beautiful eyes. I know you are a proud mommy. congrats on 6 months, you've survived the hardest part.

Deidre said...

So cute, Lin. Isn't this Mom thing the craziest and coolest thing ever? Sure beats high school ;-)

Sally Barrington said...

6 months already! I can't believe it. Em is so big compared to her frist pic. What cute kids you have!

Murray Family said...

Aww, she's so beautiful! It goes by too quick!

Sarah said...

Hi Lindy- It has been a long time since we got up too early to stand in a very long line for Garth Brooks tickets- Kate sent me your blog site! You are beautiful as always! and your children are adorable! The blog is great!
David talking to his dog- how precious, kids say the best things!
Sarah (Quackenbush) Hill

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

It was so fun to run into you at the rodeo!! Still the beauty I remember!!

Your kids are even more darling in real life. David wasn't so hot with the idea of a complete stranger trying to be his friend. His little crusty glare sure made me laugh. And Emily is just beautiful, her smile is so 'melt your heart' perfect.

Lets get together for real - its starting to feel like a fairy tale or something!