Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Horses say mooo...

This weekend we got to ride horses at Coyote Creek, the place where Jason's friend from school, Heather, keeps her two competition horses. It was a really fun family activity and I was surprised at how well it went. We definitely want to go back and do it again soon. At first David was a little timid but he ended up having a lot of fun kicking around in the dirt, looking at all the horses and goats, and chasing the cat. On the way there we asked David what sound a horse makes and he said "MOOOO!" I thought he got it straight while we were there but then on the way home he told us he wanted to go see the cows again. Oh dear!


So, I kid you not, David has MASTERED the art of looking sad lately. I don't know why he does it but it's his latest trick. No matter what he's doing-even if he's loving it, he thinks he has to put on a sad face- especially if I get out the camera. That being said, he actually thought it was really cool to be up on the horse and I was so surprised that he was even willing to get on. I even saw a smirk peaking thru at one point!

I just think his little boy body is the cutest! I love this picture, especially his little Timberland boots!

David spotted this cat soon after we got there and he was so interested in him. For a while he cared more about where the cat was going and what it was doing than anything else. He and Jason decided on the way home that we'll get a kitty someday...ya, we'll see about that.
Once again, I promise he really was happy! He called this the "couch swing"!

11 comments:

K said...

That looks like a TON of fun! Is that place open to the public?

The Rice's said...

Lindy,

Hey! I am not sure if you remember me. I am Kate Carlson's friend from college. I linked from her blog to your's. Your kids are adorable! Glad to see that you are doing so well!

Gossling Family Album said...

David is a true little cowboy. He looks really cute on a horse. We sure miss you guys.

Holly said...

Okay...so that is funny! I just changed the background on my blog and got all the colors changed, ready for a new post after our trip to the lake and then...of course, I start looking at everyone else's blog. Uh oh!!! Same one as yours. Don't worry though; I'll be changing mine PRONTO. :)

lramey said...

FUUUUUNNN!!! I wanna go next time!

Always, I pee a little when I read your blog! You could be a real life author and people would buy your books AND read them!!!!

I love David's little man body too- he's so cute! And I love his cute voice- "my thockth are bwoken!"

Thanks for being my babysitter incognito 4 times a week!

TLA, Lisa

Sarah said...

Hey Lindy- I have left a comment before- way down on another section but I am just learning the whole "blog" thing so it might take me awhile to figure it out (: It looks like you had a great time with the horses. I liked Davids face in the pics and I think the cat is pretty cute too!
Sarah Q Hill

Morgan Family said...

That is so great that David got on the horse. You gotta love all the phases they go through. :)

The Carlson Chronicles said...

Fun post! It looks like a great place to visit with kids!!

Stefanie said...

Oh that is the cutest thing! That looks so fun. Could I work there maybe???

Sally Barrington said...

What a fun vacation! I think its way funny David is playing up the whole sad face thing. The side pic of David on the "Cow" is to die for!! My moto is "Just say NO to cats!" Thanks for the update!

The Jorgensen's said...

Now when I make a cray/sad face, I call it my "David" face. He's too cute, even when he's pulling faces!